Australia awards scholarships 2020/21 calls for application from international students from developing nations across the globe aimed at students and professionals who intend to earn a further degree in academic world . Interested candidates can access the available opportunity by checking if you are eligible and know the application date range for your country.
The sole intent of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade when establishing the Australia Awards Scholarships is to contribute immmensely to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
With the scholarship award, opportunities are provided for people from developing countries, especially the natives of the Indo-Pacific and African region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduates degree programme while participating in the Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Scholarship Host: The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade,Australia in partnership with the Australian Universities/Institutions.
Scholarship Category: Fully-Funded Scholarships
level Of Study: Undergraduate and Postgraduate.
Available Study Openings: Several
Course Eligibility: The scholarship applies to all the courses offered in tghe university..
Eligible Candidates: Excellent International students from developing countries with the drive to earn more degree and widen their horizon are qualified to apply for the scholarship
Scholarship Award Eligibility/ Qualification:
The below listed criteria are country specific eligibility for participating countries.
- Prospective applicants who intend to be beneficiaries of the Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring full compliance to the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- At the completion of studies, candidates are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years.
Australia Awards Scholarships Benefits:
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the duration of time necessary for the beneficiary to complete the academic program specified by the University . Covers are provided for the;
- full tuition fees
- return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance—a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- supplementary cademic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Application Procedures for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2020/21
Application is online and free. Interested candidates who intend to apply for the scholarship award must ensure that the required documents are accurately uploaded.