Qualified candidates from eligible African countries are called to apply for the Ireland Fellows Programme to Study in Ireland for the 2021/22 session. The major objective of the programme is to enable early to mid-career professionals with leadership potential benefit from a prestigious and world-class education available in Ireland.
In Ireland Fellows Programme the student are availed the opportunity to undertake a fully-funded one-year master’s level education at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland. The programme aims to nurture future leaders to develop in-country capacity to achieve national SDG goals; and to build positive relationships with Ireland.
Application Deadline: 13th September, 2020
Scholarship Host(s): Government of Ireland
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees, Flights, accommodation and living costs.
Available Scholarship Slot: There are over 800 scholarship openings for interested applicants.
Subject Eligibility: Agriculture, Computer Science, Engineering,Health, Education, Human Rights, Business,Arts
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Applicants from any country in Africa are welcomed to apply for the various openings.
Scholarship Qualification Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
For a candidate to be considered for the Ireland Fellows Programme for Africans to Study in Ireland 2020/21, candidate is required to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be of Africa origin
- Applicants with work experience must have possessed a minimum of two or three years’ work experience relevant to their proposed programme(s) of study (this can internships include ).
- Must hold a bachelor’s level academic qualification from an accredited and recognised higher education institution.
- Must Intend to commence a new programme at master’s level in Ireland before August 2021.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and aspirations, as well as commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within your own country.
- Must select three relevant programmes from the Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Must posses a credible understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for all programmes chosen.
- Be in a position to take up the Fellowship in the academic year 2021/2022.
Application Procedures for the Ireland Fellows Programme for Africans to Study in Ireland 2021/22
The application process consists of three stages:
- Stage 1 Preliminary Application;
- Stage 2 Detailed Application;
- Stage 3 Interviews.