Government of Canada Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2020 calls for application from excellent postgraduate students across the globe. The value of the scholarship is rated at $50,000 annually per awardee for three years during postgraduate studies and considers three equally weighted selection criteria: Academic Excellence, Research Potential, and Leadership.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program was launched in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain outstanding students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. The beneficiaries will demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences, engineering and health.
Scholarship Host(s): The Government of Canada.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (doctoral)
Scholarship Worth/Value: $50,000 annually
Slots: Over 400 scholarships are awarded annually
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Citizens from all around the world are invited to apply.
- July – November 2020: Applicants seek a nominating institution, prepare and submit application package.
- Internal Deadline (varies): Deadline to submit application to the nominating institution. Contact nominating institution for specific date.
- November 3, 2020 (20:00 EST): Deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program.
- November 2020 – March 2021: Review and evaluation of nominations.
- Early April 2021: Anticipated notification of results. Nominees will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.
- May 1, 2021, September 1, 2021 or January 1, 2022: Payments begin.
The Selection for the Government of Canada Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2020 will be based on;
- Academic Excellence
- Research Potential
- Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability)
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Application Procedures for the Government of Canada Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2020
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships candidates are advised to follow the normal application process. Candidates must ensure they follow the stated links and fill the forms. Candidates should only seek a nomination from the institution at which they want to study. Interested candidates should ensure they apply before the stated deadline.