University Of Ghent provides Top-up Scholarships Grants to candidates from all countries who wish to apply and obtain a distinctive Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree at Ghent University. This Year 2019 Top-Up Scholarship Invites will only be open for interested new students applying for a Bachelor’s,Masters or Doctoral programme taught in English.
How to apply?
The programme you would like to study at, decides which top-student applicants will be in their top 500 list. If you want to stress the need for such a top-up grant you can contact the study program to motivate why they should take you up in their shortlist of candidates. If you are on that list, you will get a notification of that.
Only eligible / interested candidates who in the application indicate interested to live,Study and work in Belgium will be considered.
The application for academic admission should be submitted before the 31st of July 2019 according to the stipulated conditions and terms.
You can no longer apply to study at Ghent University and you cannot be considered for the topping up grant if you apply for admission later than 31st of July.
About the Top-up Grant
Each year, 1500 scholarships can be awarded.
The scholarship Benefits consists of:
- Allowance of €650 per month.
- All-in insurance (health, civil liability, repatriation)
- Mortgage Allowance
- A relocation allowance (up to 1,500 Euro)
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- A laptop for your research studies
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) (Single cover for international candidates)
- Airline ticket and visa costs are included in the grant.
Available Scholarship programmes?
New students who have been academically admitted to any of the English-taught master programmes and Doctoral programmes.
The latest overview of these master programmes can be consulted in the online portal .
Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education. However special focus will be given to candidates interested in Cancer Researches and Finance Fields such as Loans
New students who wish to obtain a Bachelor’s,Master’s or Doctoral degree at Ghent University.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5) in some disciplines or indicate a striving desire to improved on the available language course.
Nationality: Interested Candidates from all Nationality can apply.
The coordinator of each English-taught programme proposes their top 500 applicants to the Committee for Development Cooperation (CDC).
Decision will be taken 17th August 2019 by the CDC.
- The Committee for Development Cooperation makes a selection of the applications based on the recommendations obtained from a working group of this Committee.
- The Committee then proceeds to formulate well-founded recommendations to the Executive Committee of Ghent University.
The recommendations are based on:
- The qualifications of the applicant for the Top-up grant
- There is no strict age limit, although applicants below 40 years are preferred
- The significance of the Bachelor’s,master’s, Doctoral programme for the student’s country
- Validation of the knowledge in the student’s country